2024 Wins over unders

D-train

Re: 2024 Wins over unders

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:40 pm

Here are our opponents. Do you think we will struggle out of the game if our first 3 games are:

Cards at home
Pats on the Road
Giants at Home
Home: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, Denver Broncos
Away: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:48 pm

That's a fair question. My thought is that they will struggle more with the new schemes and assignments that MacDonald will be implementing as opposed to the competition itself. However, it may be advantageous to struggle with those new concepts against weaker teams which, once ironed out, will hopefully set them up for success against stronger teams.

If that makes sense.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:11 pm

You have rookie coaches working out new systems as well as attempting to install them. And the deal is not much time to do it. The NFL really limits practice. Remember the team struggling to get going under Pete, particularly the offensive line. He'd claim the learning process needed to extend into the regular season. It will be interesting to see how they get out of the gate with McDonald

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:23 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:11 pm
You have rookie coaches working out new systems as well as attempting to install them. And the deal is not much time to do it. The NFL really limits practice. Remember the team struggling to get going under Pete, particularly the offensive line. He'd claim the learning process needed to extend into the regular season. It will be interesting to see how they get out of the gate with McDonald
So we might get upset and humiliated by the Rams at home just like last season? lol I think that using the first quarter of the season as extended preseason is a PC and Mariners thing...MM and Co will have them ready to go. They got to start early because of the coaching change if you recall.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 pm

Doesn't really excite me a lot
Working diligently to prepare for his first season at the helm after being hired in January to replace long-time coach Pete Carroll, Macdonald will get his first opportunity to conduct on-site meetings with players at the VMAC when the Seahawks open Phase One of the NFL's offseason program on April 8. Under terms of the league's collective bargaining agreement, the first two weeks of the program will be limited to meetings, strength and conditioning, and rehabilitation only.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:53 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 pm
Working diligently to prepare for his first season at the helm after being hired in January to replace long-time coach Pete Carroll, Macdonald will get his first opportunity to conduct on-site meetings with players at the VMAC when the Seahawks open Phase One of the NFL's offseason program on April 8. Under terms of the league's collective bargaining agreement, the first two weeks of the program will be limited to meetings, strength and conditioning, and rehabilitation only.
Two weeks of meetings that no other teams get should level the playing field in terms of implementing a new play book and schemes.. It is football not Nuclear Physics..and even teams with returning coaches have to do it with half their rosters every season due to rookies and FAs and such...
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:16 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:35 pm
Hawks are currently at 7.5 lol

We won 9 games last season. How is this team possibly 2 wins Worse than last year's team???

Coaching staff 2024>>>>>2023
QB = QB
RB = RB
WR = WR
O line 2024 > 2023
TE = TE

D Line 2024 >>> 2023
Edge > Edge (Getting Nwosu back is the advantage.)
LBs 2024 >> 2023
CBs = CBs
Safties 2024>>>2023

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/proj ... -make-now/
I agree with most of this. I also think reality could be a bitch.

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Wed May 01, 2024 12:24 am

Put me down for 7-10.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed May 01, 2024 12:49 am

roosevelt sounding optimistic

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 01, 2024 10:57 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 pm
How about now:
“I’m impressed with Sam, how he operates,’’ new head coach Mike Macdonald said Saturday. “We’re building it slow offensively. The whole playbook is not in, but command of the huddle, impressed with. He can spin it out there, that’s easy to see. Just getting used to his personality, you know, I think he’s starting to blossom a little bit more, that personality’s starting to come out, but really excited about him.”
dt