Rick Rizzs Retiring
- Sibelius Hindemith
- Posts: 16633
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
- Location: Seattle
Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring
Listening to Rizzs and Neihaus was great as a kid in the early and mid 80's. Two really exceptional broadcasters. I still listen to bits and pieces of most games on the radio especially if i'm on the road.
Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring
Yeah I listened to thousands of games before they were all on TV but Never do now. It surprises me that so many people still listen when they can watch....Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:17 pmListening to Rizzs and Neihaus was great as a kid in the early and mid 80's. Two really exceptional broadcasters. I still listen to bits and pieces of most games on the radio especially if i'm on the road.
dt
-
HawkandMariner88
- Posts: 1567
- Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 pm
Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring
I'll take Simms over the pussy ass Golddigger. That fucker literally looks like he came out of college. Simms has been around so I disagree. He was more relevant the Golddigger. Enough with the youth movement. I'd rather listen to air.
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21070
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring
Personally I feel baseball was made for the radio. It's too damn boring sitting there staring at a TV for three hours most every night. I've got other things I can be doing while I play rhe game in my head. That was the great thing about Neihaus, it was more enjoyable having him describe the game than to sit and watch it. Things changed for me when Dave passed. It's never really been the same
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21070
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring
Yankee fans seem okay with Dave I guess, it's hard replacing a legend. Rizz tried that in Detroit and failed. He's their radio voice, be curious how he sounds doing play by play, it's different from color. The guy has done many types of announcing. Football, baseball, basketball, hardest working man in show businessHawkandMariner88 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:56 pmI'll take Simms over the pussy ass Golddigger. That fucker literally looks like he came out of college. Simms has been around so I disagree. He was more relevant the Golddigger. Enough with the youth movement. I'd rather listen to air.
Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring
I think baseball works better on the radio than any of the other major sports. Listening on the radio also requires a degree of active listening, whereas TV is mostly a passive experience.
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21070
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring
Remember Kevin Calabro did a few mariners games. I don't remember what the situation was. He was terrible. He didn't have the proper pace. Its a special kind of broadcasting.
Speaking of, he's just been replaced by the Blazers new owner so he would be available for Sonics broadcasts, he's 70. Kevin doing their broadcasts? If anything would bridge to the old sonics that would. That would be crazy
Speaking of, he's just been replaced by the Blazers new owner so he would be available for Sonics broadcasts, he's 70. Kevin doing their broadcasts? If anything would bridge to the old sonics that would. That would be crazy