Rick Rizzs Retiring

User avatar
Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 16682
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:17 pm

Listening to Rizzs and Neihaus was great as a kid in the early and mid 80's. Two really exceptional broadcasters. I still listen to bits and pieces of most games on the radio especially if i'm on the road.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83527
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:54 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:17 pm
Listening to Rizzs and Neihaus was great as a kid in the early and mid 80's. Two really exceptional broadcasters. I still listen to bits and pieces of most games on the radio especially if i'm on the road.
Yeah I listened to thousands of games before they were all on TV but Never do now. It surprises me that so many people still listen when they can watch....
dt

HawkandMariner88
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:56 pm

I'll take Simms over the pussy ass Golddigger. That fucker literally looks like he came out of college. Simms has been around so I disagree. He was more relevant the Golddigger. Enough with the youth movement. I'd rather listen to air.

Donn Beach
Posts: 21233
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:40 pm

Personally I feel baseball was made for the radio. It's too damn boring sitting there staring at a TV for three hours most every night. I've got other things I can be doing while I play rhe game in my head. That was the great thing about Neihaus, it was more enjoyable having him describe the game than to sit and watch it. Things changed for me when Dave passed. It's never really been the same

Donn Beach
Posts: 21233
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:50 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:56 pm
I'll take Simms over the pussy ass Golddigger. That fucker literally looks like he came out of college. Simms has been around so I disagree. He was more relevant the Golddigger. Enough with the youth movement. I'd rather listen to air.
Yankee fans seem okay with Dave I guess, it's hard replacing a legend. Rizz tried that in Detroit and failed. He's their radio voice, be curious how he sounds doing play by play, it's different from color. The guy has done many types of announcing. Football, baseball, basketball, hardest working man in show business

User avatar
GL_Storm
Posts: 4639
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring

Post by GL_Storm » Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:05 pm

I think baseball works better on the radio than any of the other major sports. Listening on the radio also requires a degree of active listening, whereas TV is mostly a passive experience.

Donn Beach
Posts: 21233
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:58 pm

Remember Kevin Calabro did a few mariners games. I don't remember what the situation was. He was terrible. He didn't have the proper pace. Its a special kind of broadcasting.

Speaking of, he's just been replaced by the Blazers new owner so he would be available for Sonics broadcasts, he's 70. Kevin doing their broadcasts? If anything would bridge to the old sonics that would. That would be crazy

Hy Feiber
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:29 am
Location: Kootenai County, ID

Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring

Post by Hy Feiber » Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:08 am

Why did they keep them off of TV so long?

A veteran like him must’ve been ticked!

User avatar
Bil522
Posts: 2919
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:52 am

Re: Rick Rizzs Retiring

Post by Bil522 » Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:02 am

D-train wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:54 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:17 pm
Listening to Rizzs and Neihaus was great as a kid in the early and mid 80's. Two really exceptional broadcasters. I still listen to bits and pieces of most games on the radio especially if i'm on the road.
Yeah, I listened to thousands of games before they were all on TV, but I never do now. It surprises me that so many people still listen when they can watch....
Except not all people can watch but can listen. I have stopped in many a convenience store and heard a game on...same with restaurants, cleaning crews, drivers, etc. A Saturday gardening or just enjoying reading a book on a warm sunny day. All those people listening to ball games because they can't watch it.

Post Reply