Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly
Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly
This might be the only way I would approve of parting with Sloan.
But of course it is far too ballsy and blockbuster for it to ever happen.
But of course it is far too ballsy and blockbuster for it to ever happen.
Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly
I would do it but I think the Reds would want Canzone and a starter, possibly Emerson. Then Sloan and one of the other three.
I would consider that trade possibly, but I would try to keep Sloan.
I would consider that trade possibly, but I would try to keep Sloan.
-
DavidGee24
- Posts: 11603
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 6:24 pm
- Location: Phillips Ranch, CA
Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly
I'd do it. Look, Sloan isn't putting up big numbers in the minors so he's not a sure thing, and I can see the Reds probably agreeing to it so absolutely.
Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly
I would do it though I'd hate to lose Arroyo. The kid seems like he has a legit bat so I wouldn't be trying to trade him away. I know people say well there isn't a place for him - not sure he could be any worse in LF than Arozarena is but we also have the DH - let him DH all year then for all I care - I know Dip hates the DH and thinks its just a place you throw a guy in from time to time or to give a person a day off, but let him DH.
-
Seattle or Bust
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:09 pm
Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly
They just bumped Elly's value from $66.4M to $93.7M within a matter of hours on MLBTV... how do they figure that lol?
Probably too much to give up from the farm. But of course, if he's available you should be making an offer.
Probably too much to give up from the farm. But of course, if he's available you should be making an offer.