But also remember that Harvin only played in a couple of games - we never got a full season of his ceiling, instead we got the whackadoodle version. I think the big explosive plays are what Shaheed is on the team for. His ceiling. Yeah, we'd all like more productivity in the receiving game - and it is entirely possible that is coming - maybe Fleury is trying to figure out how to best utilize him. He might me more advantageous as a decoy - stretching the defense to open it up underneath. What people never seem to take into consideration is the scheme. Speed is such a valuable asset. If Shaheed's role is to take double teams down the field to open it up for Barner, Arroyo, JSN, Kupp, isn't he contributing significantly? Cutting and pasting stats does not tell the whole story. Then again, maybe he has peaked. I don't know, but lamenting the move is silly - this is where we are. This is the team. The nextb game Shaheed could break out for 150 yards and JSN will have 30 and then we'll have to hear the lamantations of how JSN's deal is bad and JS sucks. 100% guaranteeddouche wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:36 pmIt was mentioned that Shaheed is a Percy Harvin type of player. Well, other than that big return in the SB against DEN, Harvin was essentially a no-show. The team didn't seem to know how to utilize him. And he was a nut job. Which I don't think Shaheed is.Donn Beach wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:14 amI don't agree, JS didn't give him $17 mil a season because of those kick returns.
I don't believe JS feels he overpaid him. I also don't believe he gave him all that money for his kick returns. His primary value is a WRTop kick return specialists in the NFL earn an average annual value of around $6 million.
The highest-paid pure return specialist in the league is KaVontae Turpin of the Dallas Cowboys, who signed a three-year, $18 million contract extension averaging $6 million per year
No question that Shaheed turned last season around with his returns, but is it possible that his speed overshadows his ability to run routes and catch balls? I don't know, I'm asking. Sometimes people can get carried away with the flash, and ignore the substance. Or perhaps they're attempting to fool other teams into sleeping on him and plan to cut him loose at some point. It's still early.
This team did not have it all dialed in until the 2nd quarter of the season - I would withhold judgement until we see what is happening - there are a shit ton of moving parts and variables and the season's story has not yet been written.