Get woke and go broke
-
Michael K.
- Posts: 14735
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am
Re: Get woke and go broke
Haha, game six of the NBA Finals, and they schedule it for 4:30 PST. The only way anyone will bother to watch even a minute is if it is when there is no football! That is basically admitting defeat.
I wish there was a way to see ratings at times. Like, how many people turn it off as soon as the Sunday Night game kicks off!
I wish there was a way to see ratings at times. Like, how many people turn it off as soon as the Sunday Night game kicks off!
Re: Get woke and go broke
I officially no longer want an NBA team ever.Michael K. wrote: ↑Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:41 pmHaha, game six of the NBA Finals, and they schedule it for 4:30 PST. The only way anyone will bother to watch even a minute is if it is when there is no football! That is basically admitting defeat.
I wish there was a way to see ratings at times. Like, how many people turn it off as soon as the Sunday Night game kicks off!
dt
Re: Get woke and go broke
The final game was down 66% in viewership. And the Hawk/Viking game kicked ass, knocked them down, and took their lunch money!
Re: Get woke and go broke
Video of Seattle Public schools Art teacher trying to Woke up her students.....
https://mynorthwest.com/2220892/rantz-s ... -divisive/
https://mynorthwest.com/2220892/rantz-s ... -divisive/
dt
-
Michael K.
- Posts: 14735
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am
Re: Get woke and go broke
This shit pisses me off. I was raised by a teacher, I married a teacher, some of my best friends are teachers. To me? Acting like this is common is like protesting every time one cop is brutal.D-train wrote: ↑Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:53 amVideo of Seattle Public schools Art teacher trying to Woke up her students.....
https://mynorthwest.com/2220892/rantz-s ... -divisive/
Re: Get woke and go broke
My brother and his wife are teachers as well. I have no idea how common it is but I bet is more common today than in the past. It happened to the kid that was living with us in Kirkland as well.Michael K. wrote: ↑Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:57 pmThis shit pisses me off. I was raised by a teacher, I married a teacher, some of my best friends are teachers. To me? Acting like this is common is like protesting every time one cop is brutal.D-train wrote: ↑Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:53 amVideo of Seattle Public schools Art teacher trying to Woke up her students.....
https://mynorthwest.com/2220892/rantz-s ... -divisive/
dt
-
Michael K.
- Posts: 14735
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am
Re: Get woke and go broke
Once again, I feel that is no different than publicizing every time someone resists arrests and the cop is too rough and acting like it is common and we need to completely defund the police. For every one Zoom meeting run by some dipshit like this, there are hundreds run by good people that are being paid way to little for the grief.
I'm not pissed at you, but this shit makes me mad. I'm in sales, I don't get mad when people complain about asshole sales people, it's a stereotype, and yes, sometimes a good one. But with teachers it does drive me nuts. I watch how hard they work, and for what they earn? Let's just say just about no one is in it for the money.
Re: Get woke and go broke
I am a teacher and I go out of my way to keep my opinions t myself. I am trained in Social Studies, and Civics is one of my favorite classes. Four years ago, I went out to the two websites and pulled off 12 statements, word for word, from the party platforms. I placed the statements on a sheet, mixing them up, of course, and asked the students to color the boxes they agreed with. Out of 25 Eighth Grade students, two selected mostly Dem policies, and I had four that were truly middle of the road. The other 19 were solidly on the Republican side of the spectrum. Surprising for students in the Tacoma School District. Up until three days before the election, the kids had no clue who I was voting for.
It is NOT the job of a teacher to influence students on politics. What I tell them is to view six or seven websites I tell them about and compare them. Use their brains and decide for themselves. This lady is fairly common among the Arts. Not so much in Math, but Science is another matter as we have parents out there who believe in "settled Science" until I remind them of Galileo.
It is NOT the job of a teacher to influence students on politics. What I tell them is to view six or seven websites I tell them about and compare them. Use their brains and decide for themselves. This lady is fairly common among the Arts. Not so much in Math, but Science is another matter as we have parents out there who believe in "settled Science" until I remind them of Galileo.
-
Michael K.
- Posts: 14735
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am
Re: Get woke and go broke
You are a good man ddraig! I tip my cap to teachers.
I didn't go that direction, I thought long and hard about it...but I knew I would only be going into education because I wanted to coach. I am lucky enough living here to have the ability to coach at the HS without being a teacher, but back when I was choosing colleges, careers, etc....that wasn't very likely. I didn't think that teaching just to coach would make me much of a teacher. That being said, I also had opportunities here that I chose not to pass up, instead of going to CWU after my AA. So, it sounds good to say I valiantly chose not to, but it may not be entirely true!
I didn't go that direction, I thought long and hard about it...but I knew I would only be going into education because I wanted to coach. I am lucky enough living here to have the ability to coach at the HS without being a teacher, but back when I was choosing colleges, careers, etc....that wasn't very likely. I didn't think that teaching just to coach would make me much of a teacher. That being said, I also had opportunities here that I chose not to pass up, instead of going to CWU after my AA. So, it sounds good to say I valiantly chose not to, but it may not be entirely true!
Re: Get woke and go broke
The only way to get education back as it should be is for conservatives who have retired from our life's work and then go into teaching. I was lucky and worked with computers for 30 years. Left and got my teaching certification. It took me a while, but I got through the schooling (go to Western Governors University - they are not yet PC and far cheaper than a brick-and-mortar school). I've been doing it now for 13 years. Got to admit I'm getting a little burned out and now we have to take "White Fragility" courses because we're all racist.