Rbg

User avatar
gil
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Rbg

Post by gil » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:22 pm

bpj wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:12 am
gil wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:10 pm
D-train wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:08 pm


Imagine being passionate about keeping abortion legal. I am ambivalent about it but I can't fathom dedicating my life to keeping it legal and freaking out whenever a pro life Judge might get nominated.
Yeah there are single issue voters on both sides, especially regarding this. Judging from some of my family, a lot of religious conservatives support Trump only because he has pledged (and followed through handsomely) in appointing pro-life judges. I mean, Trump probably wouldn't recognize the Sermon on the Mount if it were broadcast on his big screen TV (or he would dismiss it as Marxist propaganda :lol: ) but he does the bidding of those who are anti abortion so he's got their votes.
"Guh, a Republican nominated president is doing what his voters want regardless of how he feels about it."

Imagine that.

As much as you people hate him and want to point out how disgusting Trump is, let's face it, those women put themselves in Trumps proximity just hoping to have their pussy grabbed.

That's what he was bragging about, not just the act of doing it. He can grab them by the pussy, because that's what they wanted. And we all know it.

You can tell because it only became a problem after he didn't marry them up and ran for President.

Libs are so stupid. That's just a general, unrelated observation.
Hey bpj, I don't know who "you people" are but I assume it is "libs." There isn't a monolith of people who will vote the replace Trump, although maybe it is easier to think that "we are all alike." Look, I didn't vote for Trump the last time, but it wasn't an easy call for me. But I assure you, I am not voting for him because of his record, not because I "hate" him. Yes, of course I know there are people who fit your description and insinuation, but I am not one of them.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83255
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Rbg

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:21 pm

Mitch M. just announced that have enough votes to confirm the Justice of the SCOTUS.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1308410362103037952
dt

User avatar
ddraig
Posts: 5416
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 1:17 am

Re: Rbg

Post by ddraig » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 pm

DT,

She is distraught because she's had to help a few friends through abortions. Funny, these are ladies of fairly good means that could have walked down to the local drug store before picking up some guy at a bar! I guess they fall in the no-brains category. But then every girl that is older that 10 knows you can, if you need it, get free birth control from multiple sources. She says I'm a typical guy when I bring up the statement that the ladies she knows should have planned ahead! And then I also ask about the little person. Who looks out for them?

The final answer is "my body, my choice!" It's just a lump of cells.

If the cost of adoption wasn't so high, many more unwanted kids, especially newborns, would be adopted.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83255
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Rbg

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 pm

ddraig wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 pm
DT,

She is distraught because she's had to help a few friends through abortions. Funny, these are ladies of fairly good means that could have walked down to the local drug store before picking up some guy at a bar! I guess they fall in the no-brains category. But then every girl that is older that 10 knows you can, if you need it, get free birth control from multiple sources. She says I'm a typical guy when I bring up the statement that the ladies she knows should have planned ahead! And then I also ask about the little person. Who looks out for them?

The final answer is "my body, my choice!" It's just a lump of cells.

If the cost of adoption wasn't so high, many more unwanted kids, especially newborns, would be adopted.
The left accuse the right of being science deniers and then tell us that a fetus is a female body part like an appendix that can be removed if it is deemed inconvenient.
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83255
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Rbg

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:53 pm

dt

User avatar
gil
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Rbg

Post by gil » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:46 pm

D-train wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 pm
ddraig wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 pm
DT,

She is distraught because she's had to help a few friends through abortions. Funny, these are ladies of fairly good means that could have walked down to the local drug store before picking up some guy at a bar! I guess they fall in the no-brains category. But then every girl that is older that 10 knows you can, if you need it, get free birth control from multiple sources. She says I'm a typical guy when I bring up the statement that the ladies she knows should have planned ahead! And then I also ask about the little person. Who looks out for them?

The final answer is "my body, my choice!" It's just a lump of cells.

If the cost of adoption wasn't so high, many more unwanted kids, especially newborns, would be adopted.
The left accuse the right of being science deniers and then tell us that a fetus is a female body part like an appendix that can be removed if it is deemed inconvenient.
dt,
Abortion for me is a tough issue but I am certain I don't know a single woman (or man) who would say "a fetus is a female body part like an appendix that can be removed if it is deemed inconvenient" and I would vehemently disagree with anyone who said that. This seems to be a classic strawman argument: Here is what the left says (even thought they don't) and then shoot it down.

I am sure I know many women who have had abortions but have not included me in the circle of people they trust with that information. But to a person, the few women I know who have had abortions and talked with me about it have found the abortion traumatic and scarring. And that includes one friend who was violently raped. This is not just "I think I'll have my appendix out because it's Tuesday" stuff.

User avatar
bpj
Posts: 15888
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Rbg

Post by bpj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:21 pm

You're out of touch with what they're really fighting for guy.

These people want partial birth abortions.

"My body, my choice."

Also, "Shut up and take the vaccines they're forcing on you."

Hypocrites to the nth degree.

Grandma Lynn
Posts: 877
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Rbg

Post by Grandma Lynn » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 am

Seems to me the women are blamed
more than the men.
What are condoms for anyhow!
In this day and age, there's protection,
so use it, damn it!!

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83255
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Rbg

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:54 am

gil wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:46 pm
D-train wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 pm
ddraig wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 pm
DT,

She is distraught because she's had to help a few friends through abortions. Funny, these are ladies of fairly good means that could have walked down to the local drug store before picking up some guy at a bar! I guess they fall in the no-brains category. But then every girl that is older that 10 knows you can, if you need it, get free birth control from multiple sources. She says I'm a typical guy when I bring up the statement that the ladies she knows should have planned ahead! And then I also ask about the little person. Who looks out for them?

The final answer is "my body, my choice!" It's just a lump of cells.

If the cost of adoption wasn't so high, many more unwanted kids, especially newborns, would be adopted.
The left accuse the right of being science deniers and then tell us that a fetus is a female body part like an appendix that can be removed if it is deemed inconvenient.
dt,
Abortion for me is a tough issue but I am certain I don't know a single woman (or man) who would say "a fetus is a female body part like an appendix that can be removed if it is deemed inconvenient" and I would vehemently disagree with anyone who said that. This seems to be a classic strawman argument: Here is what the left says (even thought they don't) and then shoot it down.

I am sure I know many women who have had abortions but have not included me in the circle of people they trust with that information. But to a person, the few women I know who have had abortions and talked with me about it have found the abortion traumatic and scarring. And that includes one friend who was violently raped. This is not just "I think I'll have my appendix out because it's Tuesday" stuff.
Gil - I am referring to the euphemism, "A woman has a right to do whatever she wants to with HER body" which I am sure you have heard hundreds of times. This explicitly implies that a fetus is a part of her body. I also hate the equating to female "healthcare" or Pro choice. Its pro abortion. If you are going to be for something, embrace it! Don't try to hide it or mask it making it seem better than it is.

btw I had two girlfriends have abortions so I am full aware of what you speak and I am still pro abortion. I just hate the hypocrisy and people acting like we will cease to be a civilized nation if abortion became illegal.
dt

User avatar
gil
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Rbg

Post by gil » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:51 pm

D-train wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:54 am
gil wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:46 pm
D-train wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 pm


The left accuse the right of being science deniers and then tell us that a fetus is a female body part like an appendix that can be removed if it is deemed inconvenient.
dt,
Abortion for me is a tough issue but I am certain I don't know a single woman (or man) who would say "a fetus is a female body part like an appendix that can be removed if it is deemed inconvenient" and I would vehemently disagree with anyone who said that. This seems to be a classic strawman argument: Here is what the left says (even thought they don't) and then shoot it down.

I am sure I know many women who have had abortions but have not included me in the circle of people they trust with that information. But to a person, the few women I know who have had abortions and talked with me about it have found the abortion traumatic and scarring. And that includes one friend who was violently raped. This is not just "I think I'll have my appendix out because it's Tuesday" stuff.
Gil - I am referring to the euphemism, "A woman has a right to do whatever she wants to with HER body" which I am sure you have heard hundreds of times. This explicitly implies that a fetus is a part of her body. I also hate the equating to female "healthcare" or Pro choice. Its pro abortion. If you are going to be for something, embrace it! Don't try to hide it or mask it making it seem better than it is.

btw I had two girlfriends have abortions so I am full aware of what you speak and I am still pro abortion. I just hate the hypocrisy and people acting like we will cease to be a civilized nation if abortion became illegal.
I think you are getting to the ways in which I am torn about abortion. My preference is that it is legal with common sense restrictions (particularly related to how far along in the pregnancy). Are you saying that this is NOT a health care issue? I get part of what you are saying (i.e., "pro choice" is a euphemism). But I think that pregnancy and abortion most definitely are physical and emotional health issues for women. How would we (men) know? We just shoot 100 million sperm cells around now and then. We don't know what it is like to be a woman, be pregnant, etc.

Post Reply