You have that right! And there should be a way for recompense until the child is 18. But far too often, the guy is an idiot and doesn't carry a condom. Or the one he has has been in his wallet for the past seven years. It isn't as though the stuff is not readily available. It's people being stupid! And I know I was as a kid. And lucky, too!Grandma Lynn wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 amSeems to me the women are blamed
more than the men.
What are condoms for anyhow!
In this day and age, there's protection,
so use it, damn it!!
gil and DT,
I am torn, myself. But I want to put an end to the tennis ball we lob back and forth. Abortion is not in the Constitution, and thus not a "right." But there is a provision around that. Two actually. The first will never happen, but pro-abortion people could petition Congress to consider adding a Constitutional Amendment. Won't happen. You can't get enough states to ratify it.
Second, the 10th Amendment states that anything NOT mentioned in the Constitution reverts to the people and their respective States (basically, even with all of the bad connotations following it around) "States Rights." There is nothing that says the individual states cannot legalize abortion. Then the argument becomes, "Well the abortion clinic and travel to another state isn't convenient." And then we're back to the stupidity argument!