Page 1 of 1

IN DEFENSE OF LOOTING

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:18 pm
by Moe Gibbs
In Defense of Looting: A Riotous History of Uncivil Action is a book by Philadelphia-based Vicky Osterweil that currently sits atop of the Amazon new release charts. The book encourages and makes excuses for property destruction and riots that are currently taking place across the country.
And for that, it was featured and promoted in an NPR article out last week called "One Author's Argument 'In Defense Of Looting'".
But as the Post Millennial puts it: "This book promoting riots is a number one new release on Amazon, a mega-corporation that benefits every time a local shop gets torched."
The book celebrates rioting and looting at a time in the United States where many business owners have seen their life's work go up in flames and innocent civilians have been assaulted or mortally wounded defending their property.
Osterweil, who looks as though he/she'it is barely twenty-something, was interviewed on NPR last week to make his/her/it's point that looting is actually "a redistribution of wealth" and not theft. He/She/It argues that property damage is the same: just a "way to reapportion assets which he/she/it deems necessary in an unequal society."

Citing a socialist macro view and the goal of some type of ridiculous property re-distribution, he/she/it calls the riots a "mass expropriation of property, mass shoplifting during a moment of upheaval or riot."
Osterweil argues: "Looting strikes at the heart of property, of whiteness and of the police. It gets to the very root of the way those three things are interconnected." He/She/It calls looting "basically nonviolent" and claims that it provides for "poor people who want to live a better life."Image

Re: IN DEFENSE OF LOOTING

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:32 am
by Sibelius Hindemith
It's hard to see any hope for this country and the cause of freedom with so many young psychotic losers out there being rewarded by the msm.

Re: IN DEFENSE OF LOOTING

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:11 pm
by Mel Bradford
I'm sure NPR would be willing to give up their offices, equipment and personal property to advance the cause they have already explored. Yeah right.

After all isn't that the end of this psychosis/ violent alter-reality ? The destruction of private property and individual freedom bringing both under dictatorship of the state ?

Oh, how the "woke" media love to fan the flames of (their own) destruction...perhaps thinking themselves immune from it all and enjoining merely for the rush. One wonders if the interviewer is actually sicker than the interviewee.

Re: IN DEFENSE OF LOOTING

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:41 pm
by Moe Gibbs
It's kinda hard to tell what all they are saying, but I think they're trying to defend looting here, too..........

https://youtu.be/fmO-ziHU_D8



YouTube comments:

A sneak peek at the 2060 Presidential debate.


This is what the allies died for.


"Can you believe two days ago I was sitting in jail?" YES


In 2020 this now makes perfect sense.


By far the worst part of this video is the reporter beaming with praise, as if this was not a total mockery of rhetoric and reason.


This isn't a debate, it's a voodoo spelling bee


I love that the film actually has to say “Actual footage of championship debate”


This is how the Ubangi debate in Wakanda.


I was hoping for,and expecting someone to throw fecal matter at some point.


Socrates would be so proud.


Damn they're just giving out trophies now


After watching videos like this, I become overwhelmed with a desire to stockpile more ammo.


Drink a shot each time she says "Uh", you'll be dead in seconds.


Please remember this "debate" the next time someone says that diversity is our greatest strength.


Ba da bip boh di wa du da WE WUZ KANGZ po ba dib dub bix nood.


Mup da doo didda po mo gub bidda be dat tum muhfugen bix nood cof bin dub ho muhfugga!!

"Historic win" is an understatement


I’m gonna say the n word!


Any time I need to piss myself laughing I come here


My friend, you are effectively trying to explain chess to a pigeon.


Lead Paint?


Imagine actually thinking race is just skin color.


Today, during my weekly rewatch of this video, I decided to turn on captions. Highly recommended.


Can't wait for Obama to invite them to the White House


Well said, I can't argue with that


Race is real


We should definitely seal this video in a time capsule so the next beings to visit the planet understand why we went extinct


Beautiful Nubian Queens making the community proud. Shine on angels!


Are they auctioning themselves?


I wish you were all in Liberia. How's that for an argument?

Re: IN DEFENSE OF LOOTING

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:13 pm
by gil
Mel Bradford wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:11 pm
I'm sure NPR would be willing to give up their offices, equipment and personal property to advance the cause they have already explored. Yeah right.

After all isn't that the end of this psychosis/ violent alter-reality ? The destruction of private property and individual freedom bringing both under dictatorship of the state ?

Oh, how the "woke" media love to fan the flames of (their own) destruction...perhaps thinking themselves immune from it all and enjoining merely for the rush. One wonders if the interviewer is actually sicker than the interviewee.
I've read a little bit about the book, and it just strikes me as very fringe, "out there" stuff. I don't know why it's worth time on a reputable outlet, but maybe they just want to hear all sides. I have heard that there are a few people defending looting. But I'm reminded of the Dylan song line. "oh, you who philosophize disgrace ..."

Re: IN DEFENSE OF LOOTING

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:40 am
by DavidGee24
That book should actually be called "In Defense Of Fugly Kids". If I had a kid like that, I'd tell everyone he's the family dog.