Page 1 of 3

Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:22 pm
by D-train
:lol: I guess the NBA is more popular than the MLS because of all the cute little white guys hooping it up. lol

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/wnbas-s ... k-and-gay/

Re: Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:39 pm
by Sibelius Hindemith
She just gets stupider every day.

Re: Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:05 pm
by DavidGee24
If she even took a moment to ponder this rather than play libtard victim, she isn't looking at it from the viewpoint of the viewers, nor can she.

When you watch women's soccer played at the highest level, the nature and flow of the game is actually close enough to the men's game to the point where while the women are slower and less skilled than the men, there really isn't a lot of difference and it can still be pretty entertaining for soccer fans. Women's basketball, on the other hand, is light-years behind the men's game. They look like little kids playing when compared to an NBA game. In some sports the women can pull it off, like soccer and tennis. In others they can't, like basketball and baseball. That's just reality.

What makes Bird especially stupid is that in an effort to look like a Social Justice Hero she inserts the women's skin color into the conversation in addition to their sexual orientation. In case she hasn't noticed, her male counterparts have mostly dark skin and they seem to do pretty well.

Re: Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:11 pm
by D-train
DavidGee24 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:05 pm
I can see her point a little bit, from a marketing standpoint. Her problem, and if she even took a moment to ponder this rather than play libtard victim, is that she isn't looking at it from the viewpoint of the viewers, nor can she.

When you watch women's soccer played at the highest level, the nature and flow of the game is actually close enough to the men's game to the point where while the women are slower and less skilled than the men, there really isn't a lot of difference and it can still be pretty entertaining for soccer fans.

Women's basketball, on the other hand, is light-years behind the men's game. They look like little kids playing when compared to an NBA game.

In some sports the women can pull it off, like soccer and tennis. In others they can't, like basketball and baseball. That's just reality.

What makes Bird especially stupid is that in an effort to look like a Social Justice Hero she inserts the women's skin color into the conversation in addition to their sexual orientation. In case she hasn't noticed, her male counterparts have mostly dark skin and they seem to do pretty well.
And Golf. Yes that was my original point. Would love to know her theory as to why the NBA is at least 10x as popular as the MLS. And no lesbians in Women's soccer?? She might want to look around her own house and she might find one.

Re: Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:49 pm
by DavidGee24
From what I've read, about 30-35 percent of the players in the WNBA identify as gay, and about 15-20 percent of the players in the Women's World Cup identify as gay. Obviously there are more in the WNBA, but 15-20 percent is still pretty significant. I would say Bird's rhetoric is denied.

Re: Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:43 pm
by D-train
DavidGee24 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:49 pm
From what I've read, about 30-35 percent of the players in the WNBA identify as gay, and about 15-20 percent of the players in the Women's World Cup identify as gay. Obviously there are more in the WNBA, but 15-20 percent is still pretty significant. I would say Bird's rhetoric is denied.
Why more than the general pop? I have my theory. What's yours?

Re: Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 pm
by gil
D-train wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:43 pm
DavidGee24 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:49 pm
From what I've read, about 30-35 percent of the players in the WNBA identify as gay, and about 15-20 percent of the players in the Women's World Cup identify as gay. Obviously there are more in the WNBA, but 15-20 percent is still pretty significant. I would say Bird's rhetoric is denied.
Why more than the general pop? I have my theory. What's yours?
My theory would be that women or girls who value being dainty (i.e., not strong) or don't want to get sweaty stay away from sports, so they never develop the skills. And those women are overwhelmingly straight. Which leads to an overrepresentation of gay women in sports the involve contact, strength, and getting your hair messy. (How's that for a series of politically incorrect statements? lol)

I'm curious about other people's theories.

Re: Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 pm
by DavidGee24
I'm at a loss on that one. Sure, athletic women have nice bodies but where are going to see hotter women, on a soccer field or basketball court, or at da club? So I doubt it's anything superficial. Gil's theory seems pretty sound, they're just more male-ish whereas gay men tend to be lispy and effeminate.

Re: Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:37 pm
by D-train
Urban Dictionary's latest entry. "Toobin"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epdgm4/ ... k-incident

Re: Sue bird in the News

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:41 pm
by D-train
gil wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 pm
D-train wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:43 pm
DavidGee24 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:49 pm
From what I've read, about 30-35 percent of the players in the WNBA identify as gay, and about 15-20 percent of the players in the Women's World Cup identify as gay. Obviously there are more in the WNBA, but 15-20 percent is still pretty significant. I would say Bird's rhetoric is denied.
Why more than the general pop? I have my theory. What's yours?
My theory would be that women or girls who value being dainty (i.e., not strong) or don't want to get sweaty stay away from sports, so they never develop the skills. And those women are overwhelmingly straight. Which leads to an overrepresentation of gay women in sports the involve contact, strength, and getting your hair messy. (How's that for a series of politically incorrect statements? lol)

I'm curious about other people's theories.
Yeah, close to mine. Thinking that "Tomboys" who like to play sports also lean towards having a more male mentality/sexuality and are thus more likely to be attracted to women. I far prefer the "lesbians" I have seen in the "movies" over the real life ones. lol