Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

trharder
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by trharder » Wed Sep 23, 2026 4:52 pm

**** AI CONTENT *****

Seahawks head coach Mike Macdonald described a 2024 behind-the-scenes feud with Broncos coach Sean Payton in comments that circulated on X this week. Before Seattle’s Week 1 win over Denver that year (Macdonald’s first game as head coach), the Seahawks collected about 100 publicly posted fan videos of Broncos training-camp plays from social media and used them to scout Payton’s offense. Macdonald called the footage “public knowledge.”Payton later learned of it, contacted Seahawks GM John Schneider, and—according to Macdonald—threatened to go public with a Spygate-style accusation, believing Seattle might have planted someone at Broncos practices. Seattle responded that it would sue if the claim were made publicly because it was untrue. Payton backed off. Macdonald compared the standoff to the Cold War: both sides threatened to “hit the button,” but neither did. The issue faded after the 2024 season. The teams meet again in Week 6.The widely shared X clip (recorded before the main cameras rolled in the Graham Bensinger interview and not included in the official YouTube episode) is still up:
https://x.com/LegionBoomerTN/status/2102369414989390029 Mainstream coverage:
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/762053 ... -seahawks/
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... 024-season

trharder
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by trharder » Wed Sep 23, 2026 4:57 pm

In case you got confused by the above post. the video is still up. I found it hilarious

https://x.com/LegionBoomerTN/status/2102369414989390029

Local sports reporters like Aaron Levine and Mike Salk are really pissed this Graham Bensinger person, who no one had
heard of before yesterday, would do this to the Golden Child of Seattle Sports. Coach Macdonald.

Donn Beach
Posts: 21145
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:20 pm

I was wondering when this was going to be brought up. This interview is where a lot of the MM content is coming from these days. The deal about his depression. It's a pretty big deal, Bensinger is the hot shot these days. The combination of this and Hard knocks is getting MM a lot of attention. That Bensinger released this part of it that supposedly was off record is giving it lots of attention.

It's interesting too what they were up to. It might not have been cheating but it does kinda smell like Belichick type stuff. Of course back then that's what I felt about the Pats. I felt it was probably lines that every team pushes terms of fairness

trharder
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by trharder » Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:43 pm

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:20 pm
I was wondering when this was going to be brought up. This interview is where a lot of the MM content is coming from these days. The deal about his depression. It's a pretty big deal, Bensinger is the hot shot these days. The combination of this and Hard knocks is getting MM a lot of attention. That Bensinger released this part of it that supposedly was off record is giving it lots of attention.

It's interesting too what they were up to. It might not have been cheating but it does kinda smell like Belichick type stuff. Of course back then that's what I felt about the Pats. I felt it was probably lines that every team pushes terms of fairness
It's hard to say what happens after this.
Maybe nothing.
Maybe Goodell gets involved and does something stupid.
Maybe Payton retaliates is some stupid way.
Maybe MM goes clam mode with all media forever.

At a minimum, I'm sure it will resurface when we play the Donkeys week 6.

XpertDBA
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:35 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by XpertDBA » Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:10 pm

trharder wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:43 pm
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:20 pm
I was wondering when this was going to be brought up. This interview is where a lot of the MM content is coming from these days. The deal about his depression. It's a pretty big deal, Bensinger is the hot shot these days. The combination of this and Hard knocks is getting MM a lot of attention. That Bensinger released this part of it that supposedly was off record is giving it lots of attention.

It's interesting too what they were up to. It might not have been cheating but it does kinda smell like Belichick type stuff. Of course back then that's what I felt about the Pats. I felt it was probably lines that every team pushes terms of fairness
It's hard to say what happens after this.
Maybe nothing.
Maybe Goodell gets involved and does something stupid.
Maybe Payton retaliates is some stupid way.
Maybe MM goes clam mode with all media forever.

At a minimum, I'm sure it will resurface when we play the Donkeys week 6.

I've got 40-yard line (20 rows up) seats here in Denver for the upcoming Bronco game. Can't wait to wear my Seahawks gear and watch us whoop the Donkeys. This adds a little intrigue to the game.

trharder
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by trharder » Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:45 pm

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle
No, Mike Macdonald did not intend for his comments about Sean Payton to interviewer Graham Bensinger to get out publicly.

“Lesson learned.”
He said he reached out to Denver’s coach to apologize, he was great about it.
#Seahawks coach takes full responsibility, says “it stings”

https://x.com/gbellseattle/status/21028 ... 63592?s=20

auroraave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beverly Hills, Ca.

Re: Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by auroraave » Wed Sep 23, 2026 8:43 pm

trharder wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 4:57 pm
In case you got confused by the above post. the video is still up. I found it hilarious

https://x.com/LegionBoomerTN/status/2102369414989390029

Local sports reporters like Aaron Levine and Mike Salk are really pissed this Graham Bensinger person, who no one had
heard of before yesterday, would do this to the Golden Child of Seattle Sports. Coach Macdonald.
Dude, Bensinger is probably the best in the business right now. I would classify him as the new Costas. He gets all interviews. He is very good.Go watch his int with coach mac -It is awesome and it is not a bunch of cliche questions looking for soundbites - this is outstanding longform. I would be seriously shocked if he had anything to do with the leak. He is so legit it could only hurt him. You, out of anyone on this forum not named maoling, should appreciate and look more into Bensinger.

Putting my soapbox away now :lol:

Donn Beach
Posts: 21145
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:58 am

Anything to do with it, Besinger is 100% responsible for what's released, takes responsibility for it. He says the Seahawks had what was going to be released early and didn't question it. Says it's customary to include items not part of the actual interview

His statement
The complete Mike Macdonald interview, including the conversation now at issue, was provided to Seahawks PR last Wednesday, September 16 — five days before it was published on YouTube Monday. During that time, no concern was raised about the exchange, and we were never asked to remove it. For the last couple of years, our typical practice with long-form interview releases has been to include some of the pre-interview conversation.

“Coach Macdonald reached out to me directly yesterday morning expressing concern. I immediately told him we would remove that portion, and we did. Unfortunately, it had already been clipped from our interview by online outlets and circulated elsewhere. I told Coach that, in hindsight, I regretted allowing that exchange to be included and that it was my error in judgment

trharder
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by trharder » Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:13 am

auroraave wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 8:43 pm
Dude, Bensinger is probably the best in the business right now. I would classify him as the new Costas. He gets all interviews. He is very good.Go watch his int with coach mac -It is awesome and it is not a bunch of cliche questions looking for soundbites - this is outstanding longform. I would be seriously shocked if he had anything to do with the leak. He is so legit it could only hurt him. You, out of anyone on this forum not named maoling, should appreciate and look more into Bensinger.
I believe you. Me not having had heard of him doesn't mean much, that is for sure.
He is seriously being drug through the mud up here though. I probably ate a little too much propaganda.

auroraave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beverly Hills, Ca.

Re: Macdonald Hot Mic - Broncos Bad Blood

Post by auroraave » Thu Sep 24, 2026 3:07 pm

trharder wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:13 am
auroraave wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 8:43 pm
Dude, Bensinger is probably the best in the business right now. I would classify him as the new Costas. He gets all interviews. He is very good.Go watch his int with coach mac -It is awesome and it is not a bunch of cliche questions looking for soundbites - this is outstanding longform. I would be seriously shocked if he had anything to do with the leak. He is so legit it could only hurt him. You, out of anyone on this forum not named maoling, should appreciate and look more into Bensinger.
I believe you. Me not having had heard of him doesn't mean much, that is for sure.
He is seriously being drug through the mud up here though. I probably ate a little too much propaganda.
You should definitely look into him. I follow him on insta so I watch clips of his interviews all the time. Go on youtube a search bensinger macdonald interview and watch some clips. Anyone that has not seen the interview is wildly missing out - mac bares his soul - it is a phenomenal int. A must watrch for seahawk fans. Honestly, anyone who has not seen the interview - outing themselves as a closet Lambs fan. :lol:

here's one clip to whet your appetite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSFprpCct-Q

What's crazy is all the pathetic 'media' noise over this nonsense - Mac and Bensinger have handled it with the utmost class - neither dodging any responsibility. That is rare these days and is Exhibit A as to the quality of character of both men. Below is Bensinger press release.
Attachments
IMG_8672.jpg

Post Reply