Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21185
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
No concern about who he associated with but an actual trial would have to be sometime next year and it's outcome isn't looking very good. It's an odd situation, one would have assumed the seahawks initial investigation would have indicated some hope of it being squashed fairly quickly but it sure doesn't look like it. There time is valuable, seems a little odd to have invested it in this, chasing edges I guess. Kinda like the issue with the Broncos. They might come off as huggy feely but they zeem a pretty aggressive outfit
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21185
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
Gee, they're missing Bradford? Who would have thunk
Field Gulls
Field Gulls
At right guard the rotation between Christian Haynes and Beau Stephens continued with yet another week of a roughly 60/40 split. At times Stephens has looked good, and at other times he has looked like a rookie fifth round pick. However, perhaps the most notable stat from the rotation is the fact that of the eight pressures credited to Seattle offensive linemen Sunday, four of them were allowed by Haynes. Whether it was simply a poor matchup, opponents have enough tape to know the weaknesses to exploit when Haynes is in pass blocking or some other reason, whatever the reason for the struggles Sunday, with Anthony Bradford out for at least two more weeks right guard will continue to be a spot to keep an eye on
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
I could see it if he was a top 10 CB but this guy seems meh at best...Donn Beach wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:00 pmNo concern about who he associated with but an actual trial would have to be sometime next year and it's outcome isn't looking very good. It's an odd situation, one would have assumed the seahawks initial investigation would have indicated some hope of it being squashed fairly quickly but it sure doesn't look like it. There time is valuable, seems a little odd to have invested it in this, chasing edges I guess. Kinda like the issue with the Broncos. They might come off as huggy feely but they zeem a pretty aggressive outfit
dt
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21185
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
He wasn't meh, not to them. They liked him as a player. He was on their draft board. What he did with the Lions was of little consequence. The Seahawks would have used him differently. Why the Lions drafted him is a minor curiosity. In terms of the seahawks, it was a first round draft pick dropping in their laps.D-train wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:57 pmI could see it if he was a top 10 CB but this guy seems meh at best...Donn Beach wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:00 pmNo concern about who he associated with but an actual trial would have to be sometime next year and it's outcome isn't looking very good. It's an odd situation, one would have assumed the seahawks initial investigation would have indicated some hope of it being squashed fairly quickly but it sure doesn't look like it. There time is valuable, seems a little odd to have invested it in this, chasing edges I guess. Kinda like the issue with the Broncos. They might come off as huggy feely but they zeem a pretty aggressive outfit
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
Yeah I get it it's no big deal for your soft on crime tribe. I guess it's Seattle so the majority of fans won't have any issue with it whatsoever.
dt
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
I wonder what Kosla thinks about this. I believe this was before he officially became owner.
dt
-
Michael K.
- Posts: 14758
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
I didn't stop following my team, I just don't watch much besides the Seahawks anymore. Like I said, it used to consume my Sunday, and I watched Thursday and Monday. Not anymore.D-train wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:43 pmCool dude. Maybe you and AA can team up for an NFL Podcast about games you don't watch. lolMichael K. wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:24 pmWatch all you want dude. You are one of the few I know that don't gamble or take part in Fantasy Football and still watch religiously. It's a shitty product, and one I have become tired of. I posted some stats of my own in your thread about McDonald. On a pace to set modern NFL records for flags in a season, and the crew that did Seattle's game yesterday has now officiated four games. One had 27 penalties and another 30. Yep, nothing to see here.
Its disgusting. Again, because you think its fun product to watch doesn't necessarily make it so. I've watched less football this year than ever. I stopped watching college a few years ago, and the pro game is about to get less and less of my time as well.
Call me crazy but I am not going to stop watching and following a team that I have passionately followed for 50 years due to a few more penalties a game and because I don't gamble or play fantasy football....
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
Sure makes sense....Yeah I don't watch much non Seahawk games so now we probably watch about the same amount of NFL football. haMichael K. wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:09 amI didn't stop following my team, I just don't watch much besides the Seahawks anymore. Like I said, it used to consume my Sunday, and I watched Thursday and Monday. Not anymore.D-train wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:43 pmCool dude. Maybe you and AA can team up for an NFL Podcast about games you don't watch. lolMichael K. wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:24 pmWatch all you want dude. You are one of the few I know that don't gamble or take part in Fantasy Football and still watch religiously. It's a shitty product, and one I have become tired of. I posted some stats of my own in your thread about McDonald. On a pace to set modern NFL records for flags in a season, and the crew that did Seattle's game yesterday has now officiated four games. One had 27 penalties and another 30. Yep, nothing to see here.
Its disgusting. Again, because you think its fun product to watch doesn't necessarily make it so. I've watched less football this year than ever. I stopped watching college a few years ago, and the pro game is about to get less and less of my time as well.
Call me crazy but I am not going to stop watching and following a team that I have passionately followed for 50 years due to a few more penalties a game and because I don't gamble or play fantasy football....
dt
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21185
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
It's more not condemning by association. I have no idea what Prices childhood friends are up to or do I care. A lot of people came out in defense of Arnolds character. If he was to be found innocent then I don't see a reason not to have him on the team
Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts
I would fire most of them and start over with younger, hungrier, more humble types.Michael K. wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:23 pmNow, how many part time jobs pay $200 to $350 K!? But still. Make them full time and require them to do more stuff off season to prepare to be, well....less shitty!
I would start with that crew we saw Sunday.