OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Should the NBA return to Seattle?

Yes! I am delusional that it'll be like the good 'ole days!
2
13%
No! F that League!
14
88%
 
Total votes: 16

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83328
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 29, 2026 2:26 pm

Michael K. wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2026 2:19 pm
D-train wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2026 12:24 pm
Gametime wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2026 4:27 am
Not really sure I can hate the NBA anymore than I do.
Only thing I hate about Wenatchee is they switch from the Brock and Salk show at 10am to the national ESPN shows from 10-2pm and All they talk about is the NBA so I just listen to music. Then at 2pm the switch back to Wyman and Bob thank God.
Yeah, it's odd. Not sure what it is that the local people don't like about Bump and Stacey? My drive to work in the morning now sucks too, because I'm here at 5:30 and that's a half hour before Brock and Salk start. When I'm not coaching I start at 8. Much better. I just don't care that much about the National stuff unless it's Fantasy Football! LOL. And you are correct, the National guys on sports radio are in love with the NBA right now. I guess someone has to be!
Rich Eisen does talk NFL a lot and of course he was talking Hawks in January through the SB I like him but the NEVER talk baseball which sucks.
dt

Michael K.
Posts: 14738
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 29, 2026 5:47 pm

D-train wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2026 2:26 pm

Rich Eisen does talk NFL a lot and of course he was talking Hawks in January through the SB I like him but the NEVER talk baseball which sucks.
I can't handle the local guys talking baseball. Listening to them you'd think we are trying to three peat. Just love everything about the Mariners, all the time. It's rather disgusting really.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83328
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 29, 2026 6:25 pm

Michael K. wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2026 5:47 pm
D-train wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2026 2:26 pm

Rich Eisen does talk NFL a lot and of course he was talking Hawks in January through the SB I like him but the NEVER talk baseball which sucks.
I can't handle the local guys talking baseball. Listening to them you'd think we are trying to three peat. Just love everything about the Mariners, all the time. It's rather disgusting really.
Totally agree especially Salk.

Regarding Stacey Jo. She once posted on X that her boyfriend's fav type of pie is Turkey pot pie (great choice imo) and she thought that was crazy because she only thinks of pies being dessert pies and was asking if Turkey pot pie should count.

I was like dude has a hot GF that get's paid to talk sports. If he said his fav pie was a cow pie I damn sure would give it a try. lol
dt

User avatar
Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 16662
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Apr 29, 2026 6:26 pm

So you guys don't get Chuck'nBuck from 6-10am and missed out on Marc James (now Greg Bell) from 10-1pm followed by the Coug puke and Softy with Dick? It's on 93.3 FM now in case you didn't get the memo. :lol:

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83328
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 29, 2026 7:08 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2026 6:26 pm
So you guys don't get Chuck'nBuck from 6-10am and missed out on Marc James (now Greg Bell) from 10-1pm followed by the Coug puke and Softy with Dick? It's on 93.3 FM now in case you didn't get the memo. :lol:
Nope. No KJR here.
dt

Captain 97
Posts: 3939
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Apr 29, 2026 8:00 pm

Can't you listen on your phone?

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83328
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 29, 2026 8:11 pm

Captain 97 wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2026 8:00 pm
Can't you listen on your phone?
I suppose but I'm not driving a lot from 10-2pm. Kind of a slow time of the day.
dt

Donn Beach
Posts: 21145
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 16, 2026 11:39 am

Silver today at a news conference, says should be decided by the end of the year. Seattle is simpler to deal with though there's other ownership groups competing. It makes sense to me. You want to develop a mega sports amusement destination. An opportunity at a sports franchise is tempting as an anchor tenant
"In Seattle, we have had operational groups out to Climate Pledge," Adam Silver said. "You clearly have a state-of-the-art arena there." "It may require some modifications for NBA basketball, but if we were opening, you know, in five weeks, we could be ready in Seattle," Silver added. "So, because we can only take on so much at once, the more of the discussion was around Las Vegas

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83328
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 16, 2026 10:01 pm

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 16, 2026 11:39 am
Silver today at a news conference, says should be decided by the end of the year. Seattle is simpler to deal with though there's other ownership groups competing. It makes sense to me. You want to develop a mega sports amusement destination. An opportunity at a sports franchise is tempting as an anchor tenant
"In Seattle, we have had operational groups out to Climate Pledge," Adam Silver said. "You clearly have a state-of-the-art arena there." "It may require some modifications for NBA basketball, but if we were opening, you know, in five weeks, we could be ready in Seattle," Silver added. "So, because we can only take on so much at once, the more of the discussion was around Las Vegas
I heard that and couldn't even believe my ears. You built an Arena 5 years ago with the intent of it being ready for the Sonics to play there at some point but now they would still have to make modification for it to be ready for the NBA. Everyone involved is a complete joke....
dt

Donn Beach
Posts: 21145
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: OT: NBA Returning to Seattle?

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Sep 17, 2026 4:01 am

come on, five weeks to do it? They need to add a basketball court lol

Post Reply