Rbg
Re: Rbg
Supposedly the Reps have a four vote cushion. And if even one Dem figures to stay employed next year after the election, I think they can push it through.
I wonder if Romney is looking to make a run at the Presidency again in 2024. As a Dem.
I wonder if Romney is looking to make a run at the Presidency again in 2024. As a Dem.
Re: Rbg
Then f-ing get er done....
dt
Re: Rbg
The real hang up will be how long it takes the FBI to run a background check. That gives a leg up to Amy Coney Barrett. One was done on her prior to being named to the Seventh District Court. And they found, horror of horrors, that she was a devout Catholic!
Re: Rbg
Imagine being passionate about keeping abortion legal. I am ambivalent about it but I can't fathom dedicating my life to keeping it legal and freaking out whenever a pro life Judge might get nominated.
dt
Re: Rbg
Yeah there are single issue voters on both sides, especially regarding this. Judging from some of my family, a lot of religious conservatives support Trump only because he has pledged (and followed through handsomely) in appointing pro-life judges. I mean, Trump probably wouldn't recognize the Sermon on the Mount if it were broadcast on his big screen TV (or he would dismiss it as Marxist propaganda
Re: Rbg
"Guh, a Republican nominated president is doing what his voters want regardless of how he feels about it."gil wrote: ↑Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:10 pmYeah there are single issue voters on both sides, especially regarding this. Judging from some of my family, a lot of religious conservatives support Trump only because he has pledged (and followed through handsomely) in appointing pro-life judges. I mean, Trump probably wouldn't recognize the Sermon on the Mount if it were broadcast on his big screen TV (or he would dismiss it as Marxist propaganda) but he does the bidding of those who are anti abortion so he's got their votes.
Imagine that.
As much as you people hate him and want to point out how disgusting Trump is, let's face it, those women put themselves in Trumps proximity just hoping to have their pussy grabbed.
That's what he was bragging about, not just the act of doing it. He can grab them by the pussy, because that's what they wanted. And we all know it.
You can tell because it only became a problem after he didn't marry them up and ran for President.
Libs are so stupid. That's just a general, unrelated observation.
Re: Rbg
There is nothing in the Constitution making abortion a "right." Thys it should revert to the individual States. I have a friend who is distraught that Roe v. Wade may be overturned. I told her that if she wants abortion to stop being a political football, then get a Constitutional Amendment passed. She knows it would never fly.
Re: Rbg
Why is she distraught though? I agree that it would be problematic given all the unwanted children because people can't figure out or are too lazy to use birth control. Maybe that is her concern.ddraig wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:38 pmThere is nothing in the Constitution making abortion a "right." Thys it should revert to the individual States. I have a friend who is distraught that Roe v. Wade may be overturned. I told her that if she wants abortion to stop being a political football, then get a Constitutional Amendment passed. She knows it would never fly.
dt