Sue bird in the News

User avatar
Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 16651
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Sue bird in the News

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Michael K. wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:56 pm
Maybe I misread the data. I Googled the same question. "how many girls in the US play soccer" and "how many girls in the US play basketball". Maybe it was lazy research on my part, but I assumed they were registered to play in actual organized events, from youth to college. Was that not the case for the basketball numbers I posted?
I don't know, it depends what they were referring to by "participants". I would need to see the full article.

I'm not familiar with how these rec leagues work. Do you have to register with U.S. Soccer to participate in a soccer league? How about basketball?

Mel Bradford
Posts: 953
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:37 pm

Re: Sue bird in the News

Post by Mel Bradford » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:40 am

Victim report.

Get to the top of your profession.....and complain about it.

Yes, well, black, gay and female might check all the boxes of the self-identified oppressed.
But in terms of 'the market' its about as appealing as a dirt parking lot in a downpour.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83290
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Sue bird in the News

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:47 am

Breaking News!!! And its horrible. Seattle storm endorses Biden! How will Trump win WA state now??????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These fucking idiots actually think they are making a difference. Its like Donald Trump Jr. travelling to Wyoming to announce his endorsement of his Father. lol

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sto ... r#comments
dt

Michael K.
Posts: 14735
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Sue bird in the News

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:26 pm

D-train wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:47 am
Breaking News!!! And its horrible. Seattle storm endorses Biden! How will Trump win WA state now??????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These fucking idiots actually think they are making a difference. Its like Donald Trump Jr. travelling to Wyoming to announce his endorsement of his Father. lol

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sto ... r#comments
The Times listed who they were backing in every race the other day. I didn't dig real deep, but they didn't list parties, so there was no way to know that every body they backed was a Dem.

Michael K.
Posts: 14735
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Sue bird in the News

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:30 pm
Michael K. wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:56 pm
Maybe I misread the data. I Googled the same question. "how many girls in the US play soccer" and "how many girls in the US play basketball". Maybe it was lazy research on my part, but I assumed they were registered to play in actual organized events, from youth to college. Was that not the case for the basketball numbers I posted?
I don't know, it depends what they were referring to by "participants". I would need to see the full article.

I'm not familiar with how these rec leagues work. Do you have to register with U.S. Soccer to participate in a soccer league? How about basketball?
Like I said, it was lazy research on my part. All I did was two Google Searches. Girls in the US that play Basketball and Girls in the US that play Soccer. The sentences I quoted popped up first.

User avatar
ddraig
Posts: 5416
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 1:17 am

Re: Sue bird in the News

Post by ddraig » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:23 am

I lost a couple of girls from the team I was coaching because they wanted to concentrate on basketball. No big deal but I would guess more kids under the age of 12 play soccer. After that, once they hit Middle School, it may be that soccer still leads but as the girls get older, they kinda split off to basketball.

Honestly, neither sport is going to be a top headliner in the U.S. The competition at the highest level is more interesting. But I have to admit I prefer watching Women's Soccer more than Men's. The game is slower, so I can watch the tactics set up more. Personal preference, I suppose.

Post Reply